美丽镜界 My Precious Collections

Friday, December 31, 2010

Petaling Street Documentary 2010 I

Petaling Street Documentary 2010 I

茨厂街纪实2010

 

Petaling Street in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is one of a settled place for the early Chinese who came to Southeast Asia. Starting from the Yap Ah Loy (Capitan China) and after several generations of fruit development but still maintain the flavor of the year. However, now it has become a tourist attraction of foreign tourists – Chinatown. Some days earlier, the Malaysian government has built a modern skylight awning which is extremely discordant to enhance the tourism image and comfort care for tourists. I am afraid that in the near future there will be more creative concept; I photographed it for the Petaling Street humanistic documentary in 2010.

早期中国人下南洋来到马来西亚其中一个落脚的地方就是首都吉隆坡的茨厂街。从开埠功臣华人甲必丹叶亚来开始,虽然经过好几代,却依然保持当年的古早味道。不过,如今已经变成外国游客眼中的旅游热点-唐人街。早一阵子大马政府为了提升旅游形象,照顾游客的舒适感,突发奇想兴建了一座极度不协调的摩登凉蓬。恐怕不久的将来,会出现更多创意概念,我为茨厂街拍下它2010年前的人文纪实。